At BTC, we help students use previously earned credit to meet BTC testing, prerequisite, general academic course requirements, and sometimes program coursework.
Assessing Your Starting Point
There are multiple measures to assess your starting point at BTC:
- Submit transcripts to Admissions & Advising from other colleges attended for evaluation. (Transcripts@btc.edu,)
- Submit High School English and/or math GPAs to Admissions & Advising from within the last five years for evaluation.
- Submit SAT and ACT test scores to the Admissions & Advising for evaluation.
- Submit other test scores to the Admissions & Advising for evaluation (Compass, Asset, etc.).
- Take the ACCUPLACER Assessment if test scores and/or transcripts do not meet the minimum requirements after evaluation. Visit the Assessment Center page for more information, including Assessment Center hours.
Do I need a certain grade to transfer credits?
You must earn a "C" (2.0) or better for your course to be considered for transfer credit.
What courses are accepted for transfer?
Courses are considered for transfer credit when they match the content of courses required for BTC programs. Review a list of Course Equivalencies for our most common transfer institutions.
How do I request transfer credit?
Arrange for Admissions & Advising to receive your official transcript from the transfer institution. Or you may hand-deliver your official, sealed transcript to Admissions & Advising.
How long does transfer credit evaluation take?
Once your records are received, processing takes approximately 10 to 14 business days. Processing may take longer during peak registration periods.
When should I request transfer credit evaluation?
We recommend you submit your records at least two months prior to the quarter you plan to attend.
Will my transfer grades affect my BTC GPA?
Your transfer credits will not be computed in your GPA.
What if I have International transcripts?
You will need to have your transcripts evaluated through one of the following independent credit evaluation services:
World Education Services
Foundation for International Services
American Association of Collegiate Registrars
What about other credit transfer options?
If you have taken and earned appropriate test scores through the College Board Advanced Placement (AP) test or International Baccalaureate (IB), or have earned a recognized professional or industry certification, your test scores and/or prior experience can be considered for BTC college credit.
- Learn more about transferring Non-traditional Credits (i.e. AP, CLEP, DANTES, and military credit) (PDF | RTF)
- AP Test Score Equivalencies(PDF)
- CLEP Test Score Equivalencies(PDF)
- DANTES Test Score Equivalencies(PDF)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Test Score Equivalencies(PDF)
- Learn more about tech prep
If you are currently attending another institution and want to take a course at BTC to transfer back, contact our Admissions & Advising department by calling 360-752-8345, or by emailing email@example.com, to schedule an appointment with an advisor during General Registration dates only.
Bring the following 3 items to your appointment: