- Deadline: 30 calendar days past the 1st day of the quarter
- Requests submitted after the 30th calendar day will be evaluated for the next quarter.
- We recommend that you submit your request before the tuition & fee due date.
Non-Resident to Resident
If you are requesting reclassification from non-resident status to resident status,
submit to Registration
- Washington Residence Questionnaire
- Proof of Financial Independence or Dependence
- Proof that you have met the one-year residency requirement
- If you are over 24 years of age
- Proof of employment
- Proof of 12 months residency in WA prior to first day of the quarter
- If you are under 24 years of age and financially independent
- Tax return page one for you and your parent/guardian
- Proof of you living 12 months in WA prior to first day of the quarter
- If you are under 24 years of age and financially dependent
- Tax return page one for your parent/guardian
- Proof of parent/guardian living 12 months in WA prior to your first day of the quarter
- If you have been taking classes while establishing residency
- Transcript proving credits per quarter
- If taking 7 credits or more, proof of employment for 30 hours per week or more
- Proof that your primarily reason for moving to WA was other than educational
Examples of proof of living in WA State include, but are not limited to, voter registration, driver's license, motor vehicle registration, home purchase/lease agreement, verification of full-time employment.
Non-Resident to other Resident Rate Classifications
To request reclassification, submit Washington Residence Questionnaire and specific documentation required for the classification you seek.
Military, Veterans and Dependents
See Residency for Military, Veteran, and Dependent students.
If you are a member of a federally recognized tribe (list) or a tribe granted reserved lands within WA State and you have been residing in Idaho, Oregon, Montana, or Washington, submit the Washington Residence Questionnaire, your Tribal ID card and proof of residency within the four states listed.
Recent High School Graduates
See The Admissions Office if you think you may be eligible for one of these Classifications.
- In-State High School Graduates
- High School Graduates Seeking Permanent Residency