What does Running Start cover?
Running Start eligible credits are tuition free!
For you to be eligible for Running Start each quarter
- Your Running Start Enrollment Verification form must be complete to be valid.
- The number of college credits you are allowed for Running Start at BTC is determined by your High School and is based on the number of high school FTE (full time equivalent) you are attending your High School.
For your classes to be Running Start eligible
Each class must meet all of these guidelines to qualify as Running Start and tuition free (but there are fees).
- College level class (100-400 level, not below 100, not in 900 level)
- Credit class – for College credit (not non-credit or non-graded)
- State Support (not self-support)
- Approved by the high school on the Running Start Enrollment Verification Form
- Required as part of the program you are admitted into or toward High School graduation
- Within the allowed hours/credits (FTE’s) indicated on the Running Start Enrollment Verification Form
- You will be attending class all quarter (not challenging the class – If you challenge a class, you will be required to pay full price.)
- Class is taken during Fall, Winter, or Spring quarters (Running Start is not available Summer quarter. Summer students pay full price.)
For more information, contact the Running Start Advisor at 360.752.8385 or e-mail email@example.com.
What cost do Running Start students pay?
Running Start students pay tuition for credits which are not Running Start eligible. Students pay program and class fees; for books, materials and supplies; and for uniforms and tools.
Running Start students are charged resident rate tuition for credits which are not Running Start eligible. After Running Start eligible credits, the next 10 credits are at the 1-10 credit resident rate; with any additional credits after that at the 11-18 credits resident rate. Many programs at BTC require more than 15 credits per quarter. See Tuition Rates and Cost Estimates.
Running Start Fee
The Running Start Fee is made up of the Administrative, Operating, Building, and Student Approved Fees. It appears as a tuition line item.
2019-2020 Running Start Fee is $9.03 per Running Start eligible credit.
Low Income? Contact the Running Start advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-752-8385 if you think you may qualify for the Low Income Running Start Waiver which waives the Running Start Fee.
Program and Class Fees
Running Start students are responsible to pay all program and class fees.
Program and class fees address distinct and specified costs such as lab assistants, supplies, materials, equipment, rentals, software licensing, replacement and upgrade, maintenance, and other operational costs specific to the class and/or program.
Running Start students are responsible for purchasing books, materials and supplies, as well as uniforms and tools if applicable for your program of study.
Running Start students pay Student Fees for applicable services. See Fees for more information.
When is payment due for Running Start students?
Generally, Tuition and Fees are due at these times. For specific dates, see our BTC Campus Calendar. Upcoming dates are also posted in myBTC portal.
- Summer: mid-June (full price - no Running Start in Summer)
- *Fall: mid-August (timing exception for Running Start*)
- Winter: mid-December
- Spring: mid-March
*Fall Quarter Running Start students are given until the Friday after Labor Day due to High School staff availability during the summer. Signed Running Start Enrollment Verification and payment due on the Friday after Labor Day.
When you meet with our Running Start Advisor, learn about financial assistance and eligibility requirements for Running Start students.
TUITION & FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.