State-Funded Credit Class Refund Policy
*State Funded Courses - supported with State funds.
- 100% refund if a student withdraws from a class through the fifth instructional day of the quarter.
- 50% refund if a student withdraws after the fifth instructional day through the 20th calendar day of the quarter.
- Classes with start and end dates other than the start and end of the quarter:
- Refunds for state-supported classes that start before or after the regular quarter begins will be processed in proportion to the tuition and fee refund percentages above. Refund deadlines may differ for classes with different start dates, including Washington Online classes and classes that start mid-quarter.
- Refunds for state-supported classes that are shorter than the full quarter and begin any time during the quarter will be processed in proportion to the tuition and fee refund percentages above.
- State Supported classes which meet only once must be dropped prior to the class meeting time to be refund eligible.
- Summer quarter consists of a six-week session and an eight-week session. Refund dates are prorated.
- Instructional days are the days BTC is in session, not including weekends or scheduled holidays.
- Calendar days are all the days BTC is in session, including weekends and scheduled holidays.
Self-Support Class Refund Policy
**Self -Support Courses – supported by student fees.
- 100% refund if drop is submitted by midnight two calendar days prior to the start date of the class.
- There are NO refunds after midnight two calendar days prior to start date of the class. A signed Add/Drop form is required to drop or withdraw after midnight two calendar days prior to the start date.
Canceled Class Refunds
- A 100% refund will be made when Bellingham Technical College cancels a class.
Refunds for Financial Aid students may be adjusted based on the type of aid received. Contact the Financial Aid Office at 360-752-8351 with any questions.