High School connections. Information for High School Counselors and Staff
High School Connections
Tech Prep is a college preparatory program for high school students. Working together, high school and college instructors choose Tech Prep courses that meet entry-level requirements for comparable college courses—so you may be eligible to receive BTC credit while still in high school.
- Courses are identified as "Tech Prep Approved".
- Courses must be completed with a "B" or better grade.
- Request college credit by submitting a Dual Credit application form.
- $25 Tech Prep fee.
- Check with your high school’s career and counseling center for more information.
Learn more on the Tech Prep website at www.whatcomtechprep.org
Email the Tech Prep Coordinator email@example.com.
Running Start is a statewide program that allows qualified high school juniors and seniors to attend college classes tuition free while completing high school. Students are enrolled simultaneously in high school and college classes (or just college classes), and are awarded credits by their high school and college.
- Running Start students pay no tuition (you will pay certain program fees, and for your books and supplies).
- You’ll experience real-world situations and develop in-demand career skills.
- Learn and grow side-by-side with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Running Start is the ideal way to start college—while still enjoying high school.
Explore Career Options
Expand Your Horizons
Take Charge Of Your Future!
High School Counselor Communications
High School Counselor Communications information and links will be available here.
Check back soon