Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee (DEIC) is a cross-constituency group that provides policy direction and recommendations to the College Assembly. DEIC is a deliberative body that sets the diversity and equity agenda for the college and monitors its progress toward achieving its goals. DEIC also serves as an operation committee, serving in a communication and advocacy capacity to maintain consistency of major college diversity, equity, and inclusion processes and procedures. DEIC will develop, implement, and assess/evaluate a diversity strategic plan informed by the BTC Strategic Plan, designed to promote and protect diversity, equity, and inclusion at BTC.
DEIC submits formal policy recommendations to the College Assembly. The College Assembly is responsible for accepting, amending, or rejecting the recommendation. In the event the recommendation is substantively amended or rejected, the College Assembly will provide their response in writing one week prior to the next regularly scheduled meeting of the College Assembly.
DEIC meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. All college community members are welcome to attend the DEIC meetings as observers. The meetings will be scheduled and held in a campus venue that allows for multiple visitors to attend and be seated. Contact the DEIC Chair, Mary Gerard, by phone at 360.752.8576 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For events and other activities related to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion please check out BTC's Student Life.
Malcolm Oliver, Standing Member, Director of Multicultural and Student Support Services
- Camille Gatza, Administrative Representative, Human Resources
- Dean Fulton, Administrative Representative Alternate, Foundation
- Alyssa Jones, BEST Representative, Accessibility Resources
- Melissa Mejia, BEST Representative, Registration
- Brian Green, Exempt Staff Representative, IMPACT
- Mary Gerard, Exempt Staff Representative, Accessibility Resources
- Matthew Santos, Exempt Staff Representative, Student Life
- Brad Willbrandt, Faculty Representative, Electrician
- Caren Kongshaug, Faculty Adjunct Representative, Humanities
- Jan Richards, Faculty Gen Ed Representative, English
- Diana Davidson, Faculty Alternate, Nursing
- Jill Burns, Faculty Adjunct Alternate, Humanities
- Lauren Hatch, Faculty Adjunct Alternate, Humanities
- Chris Sanders, Student Representative, Computer Software Support
- Antonio Coniglio, Teamster Representative, Facilities