Essentials of Human Resources Class this Fall at Bellingham Technical College
Human Resource issues impact every company in some way. The risk of losing or not attracting the right talent for your company and the real risk of not complying with the law reduce productivity, profitability and effectiveness. That’s why it’s important to understand the fundamental issues surrounding HR today.
You can improve your Human Resources and Management knowledge and effectiveness by attending this Essentials of HR class once a week on Tuesday evenings, from 6-8 p.m., October 17th to November 21st. Whether you’re new to HR, or it’s one of the many roles you fulfill at your company, this course covers the key HR topics you need to know.
In this class you will:
- Increase your foundational knowledge of HR practices
- Recognize the importance of aligning HR goals with organizational goals
- Understand the talent acquisition process to help avoid legal pitfalls
- Gain information on compensation and benefits offerings, as well as why communicating this information to employees is important
- Gain knowledge of employee orientation, onboarding, and other professional development programs
- Explain the process, methods and purpose of performance evaluations
- Identify key pieces of federal legislation that impact HR, including anti-discrimination laws
BUSE 132 - SHRM: Essentials of HR
- Item #: 3613
Instructor: StaffDates: 10/17-11/21
Days: TTimes: 6:00p-8:00p
Location: CC 115Credits: 0
Use Item # 3613 to Register online for this class
To access more information or to enroll please use the Take A Class page. The course # is BUSE 132 – SHRM: Essentials of HR.