Program Entry Information
- This program admits students once a year in the fall quarter.
- Accuplacer Reading Comprehension score of 85 or B grade in RDG 085, and Accuplacer Sentence Skills score of 86 or B grade in ENGL 092 or C grade in AENGL 100 (formerly COM 170).
- BTC College Level Math score of 75 or a C grade in MATH 099.
Pre-Program Course Requirements
- Human Anatomy & Physiology 1 (BIOL& 241) Must be taken within 3 years of being placed on the wait list. Note:Requires a 2.7 GPA (B- grade) or better.
- Human Anatomy & Physiology 2 (BIOL& 242) Must be taken within 3 years prior to being placed on the wait list. Note:Requires a 2.7 GPA (B- grade) or better.
- Public Speaking (CMST& 220)
- English Composition 1 (ENGL& 101)*
- HIV/AIDS Education (HLTH 133)
- Fundamentals of Medical Terminology (HT 126)*
- Math in Society (MATH& 107) preferred, will accept higher.*
- General Psychology (PSYC& 100)*
- *requires minimum 2.0 GPA or higher.
The program is planned with a regional focus in collaboration with Edmonds Community College, Everett Community College, North Seattle Community College, Peninsula College, Skagit Valley College, and Whatcom Community College. As part of the admissions process, you will be asked to select and rank your preference for placement at the Bellingham or Everett cohort sites.
Bellingham cohort students attend classes at Bellingham Technical College.
Everett cohort students attend classes at the Everett Community College. Students will be assigned regional clinical experience, on a variety of shifts, in hospitals and clinics in Whatcom, Skagit, Island, Snohomish, and King counties.
Prior to registration for Radiologic Technology program classes, admitted students must be eighteen (18) years of age and submit evidence of the following requirements:
1. Physical exam and specified immunizations
2. Criminal background check
3. 11-panel drug screen
4. Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR (HO 127). Please note that Healthcare provider CPR certification must remain current throughout program. Students should obtain certification in July, August or September prior to program acceptance. More details to be provided at Radiologic Technology program orientation)
5. Medical insurance coverage
NOTE: Students will be charged a fee of approximately $119.00 for the background check, drug screen, and tracking of required health documents.
Prior to registration for Quarter 5, second-year students must complete a second criminal background check for a $22 fee.