- Deadline: 30 calendar days past the 1st day of the quarter
- Requests submitted after the 30th calendar day will be evaluated for the next quarter.
- We recommend that you submit your request before the tuition & fee due date.
If you are requesting reclassification from non-resident to resident status, submit to Registration
- Washington Residence Questionnaire
- Proof of Financial Independence or Dependence
- Proof that you have met the one-year residency requirement
- If you are over 24 years of age
- Proof of employment
- Proof of 12 months residency in WA prior to first day of the quarter
- If you are under 24 years of age and financially independent
- Tax return page one for you and your parent/guardian
- Proof of you living 12 months in WA prior to first day of the quarter
- If you are under 24 years of age and financially dependent
- Tax return page one for your parent/guardian
- Proof of parent/guardian living 12 months in WA prior to your first day of the quarter
- If you have been taking classes while establishing residency
- Transcript proving credits per quarter
- If taking 7 credits or more, proof of employment for 30 hours per week or more
- Proof that your primarily reason for moving to WA was other than educational
Examples of proof of living in WA State include, but are not limited to, voter registration, driver's license, motor vehicle registration, home purchase/lease agreement, verification of full-time employment, etc.
Additional Resident Rate Classifications
For details, see the Request for Reclassification or Waiver at BTC.
- Active Duty Military and Dependents who live in Washington State; Washington National Guard and Dependents who live in Washington State
- Active Duty Military and Dependents whose residence is Washington State who are stationed elsewhere
- Veteran and Dependents; Veteran requirements as of 7/24/15: 1) Live in Washington State, 2) Separated after uniformed services with any period of honorable service after at least 90 days of active duty service, 3) Entering BTC within three years of separation. If you are a Veteran who does not meet the requirements for this classification, you may request to be evaluated for the BTC Tuition Waiver; see waivers.
- Native American residing in Idaho, Oregon, Montana, or Washington
- In-State High School Graduates
- High School Graduates Seeking Permanent Residency
If you are not a US Citizen, contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-752-8324.
If you have questions about Residency Reclassification, contact Registration at email@example.com or 360-752-8579.