What is TRIO Student Support Services (SSS)?
TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) is a brand new federally-funded program on campus aimed at helping you adjust to college life, succeed in your classes, graduate with a degree or certificate, and start your career or transfer to a four-year university to continue your education.
Why Would I be Interested in the TRIO SSS Program?
BTC’s TRIO SSS program will provide you with free resources and services, including:
- A personal success coach, who will help you navigate the college process, find funding, and achieve your academic and career goals.
- A supportive community of other BTC students and staff members
- Small group and personalized academic tutoring (Math, English, and Science)
- Peer mentoring
- Cultural events and student leadership opportunities
- Personalized support to successfully complete your degree or certificate!
If you are highly motivated to complete your college education, but having a hard time understanding the college process or college expectations, we encourage you to apply.
How Do I Know if I am Eligible for this Program?
You may qualify for TRIO SSS if you are:
- Enrolled or plan to enroll full-time (12 or more credits per quarter)
- Working on your first college degree or certificate
- Have a need for academic support
- A US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Are one or more of the following:
- First-generation (neither parent graduated from a four year college)
- Have limited income
- Have a documented physical, medical, psychological, or learning disability
Who Can I Talk to about this Program?
Stop by Room 218 on the 2nd floor of Campus Center (CC) or call 360-752-8640.
How Do I Apply?
Applying is easy! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-752-8640 for information or stop by the TRIO office in room 218 on the Campus Center (CC) second floor