Grouped by Job type and category
- Business Management Intern - Wise Buys and Lydia Place
- Wise Buys and Lydia Place
- PURPOSE: The purpose of the Management Intern is to provide an opportunity for those interested in gaining management experience supervising a team to have a first-hand experience working in their field inside a non-profit small business. The Management Intern at Wise Buys will require a minimum of 1 quarter, fifteen hours a week, Tuesday through Saturday between the hours of 9:30-5:30. We can be flexible with your school schedule.
FOCUS: The Management Intern will focus on supervising and training a team to increase sales and improve productivity. The position will include supervising volunteers to ensure productivity standards are being met. In addition, the Intern will inspire teamwork and an efficient work flow. Training and delegating will be a big part of this role. This position will also support basic operational store duties such as cashiering, opening and closing and various other tasks as needed.
Benefits of the Wise Buys/Lydia Place Internship Program: * Student will experience a supervised management role. *Student will learn to inspire teamwork to increase productivity. *Student will learn about supervising, delegating and training. *Student will become familiar with the day-to-day operations of a non-profit small business. *Student will experience all the components of managing a retail store.
Functions of the Wise Buys Internship Program (not limited to): * Supervise Volunteers to ensure store standards are being met. *Assist with the ongoing training of volunteers. *Delegate to ensure efficient productivity and increase profitability. *Assist with managing the store in the absence of the Store Manager. *Open and close the store as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: * Understanding of business. *Understanding of basic human resource guidelines. *Basic cash handling and customer service skills. *Able to safely lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods. *Strong desire to build a business. *Comfortable with training, delegating and supervising others.
Performance Standards: * Ability to organize, delegate and prioritize time and materials efficiently to meet deadlines. *Ability to learn tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines and to possess attention to detail. *Ability to deal tactfully and graciously with both internal and external partners. *Ability to be proactive and communicate ideas consistently. *Good communication skills. *Must be reliable and punctual. *Must pass a background check.
To apply: Send your resume and cover letter to Lindseyv@lydiaplace.org. Position is open until filled.
- 15 hours a week
- 9/27/2017 Print
- Marketing & Social Media Intern - Lydia Place
- Lydia Place
- PURPOSE: The purpose of the Marketing and Social Media Internship is to provide an opportunity for those interested in marketing, communications and business to have a first-hand experience working in their field alongside a non-profit agency/ small retail business. The Marketing and Social Media Intern at Lydia Place’s thrift store Wise Buys will require a minimum of one quarter, fifteen hours per week.
FOCUS: The Marketing and Social Media Intern will focus on the upkeep of all web and social media platforms to reflect the mission and vision of Wise Buys and Lydia Place, as well as advertising upcoming events, promotions and specials. In addition, the position will include the creation and weekly posting of a blog for Wise Buys, the creation/ updating of marketing materials, as well as other administrative duties related to the store and agency as a whole.
Benefits of the Lydia Place/ Wise Buys Internship Program: *Student will experience practical application within a business setting. *Student will learn how to function on a team. *Student will become familiar with the day-to-day operations of a non-profit, and a small business.
Functions of the Lydia Place Internship Program (not limited to): *Perform maintenance and upkeep to website and social media platforms. *Write and post weekly blog post. *Research new online and community based marketing opportunities. *Contribute to store interior signage, merchandising and display in relation to event and store promotion.
Minimum Qualifications: *Use of proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, proofreading and keyboarding skills. *Adobe, Photoshop or other photo editing software. *Understanding and proficiency in online technologies including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Wordpress. *Previous course work in public relations/marketing, communications, or business.
Performance Standards: *Ability to organize and prioritize time and materials efficiently to meet deadlines. *Ability to learn tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines and to possess attention to detail. *Ability to deal tactfully and graciously with both internal and external partners. *Must pass a background check
APPLY: Send resume, link to online portfolio/website or post, and a letter of interest to Development & Outreach Director, Shultzie Willows at email@example.com.
- Shultzie Willows
- P O Box 28487
- Pay Rate:
- $0 Print
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard - Bellingham Athletic Club
- Bellingham Athletic Club
- Description: We are a local gym looking to add to our aquatics team at the Bellingham Athletic Club! We offer swim lessons year round on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the mornings (10-12), afternoons (3:30-5:30) and evenings (5:30-7:30). The right instructor will be able to teach up to 5 students while providing feedback. We are looking for instructors to teach all three sessions, as well as lifeguard for our family swim times! Family Swim runs in the afternoon and evening on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and weekends.
Qualifications: Water Safety Instructor Certification (Red Cross) is preferred Lifeguard Certification (Red Cross) is preferred CPR certification required Previous experience is preferred
Please apply in person with a resume or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an application! Closing Date: 10/31/17
- Brittany McIntosh
- (360) 676-1800
- 4191 Meridian St
- Pay Rate:
- $12/Hr Print
- Caregiver - Visiting Angels
- Visiting Angels
- Visiting Angels is looking for compassionate caregivers to provide one-on-one care for seniors in their homes. We are hiring certified (CNA/HCA) caregivers and those who are willing to become certified. You can start work before you even have your certification! This listing is for our office serving Skagit, San Juan, and Island Counties.
Do you have experience with personal care or providing companionship, or assisting with housework and cooking? Our clients' needs vary from companion care to full assistance with all personal care and ambulation.
We have schedules anywhere between 1-hour shifts to 12-hour shifts, in addition to "live-in" shifts where you remain at the care recipient's home for multiple days in a row with your own space to sleep. We are looking for caregivers with any kind of availability - days, overnights, weekends, mornings, evenings - let us know what you're looking for!
Hourly shifts start at $13-$16 per hour with certification. Live-in shifts generally average $170 per 24-hour period. Visiting Angels also offers direct deposit, IRA match program, and medical insurance to caregivers working a minimum of 30 hours per week.
Visiting Angel caregivers have compassion, integrity, and are committed to providing excellent care. If this sounds like you, we welcome you to fill out an application online (https://visitingangelswa.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk06715) or come into one of our offices. You may come anytime during the week, Monday - Friday, between the hours of 8:30am and 3pm.
We can be found in,
Mt.Vernon, 1222 Riverside Dr.
Bellingham, 4213 Rural Ave.
Everett, 2532 Wetmore Ave.
Feel free to call if you have any questions and we look forward to meeting you!
- * See ad
- Pay Rate:
- DOE Print
- Operator In Training - Sewer - Samish Water District
- Samish Water District
- REPORTS TO: District Manager
CLASSIFICATION: FLSA non-exempt
APPLICATION PACKETS CAN BE PICKED UP AT THE DISTRICT OFFICE. APPLICATION PACKET, COVER LETER AND RESUME WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED VIA:
DROP OFF OR MAIL: 2195 NULLE RD BELLINGHAM, WA 98229
Performs a variety of tasks in the maintenance and repair of the sanitary sewer collection system and wastewater treatment lagoons under the supervision of the District Manager.
Assist in all operational and maintenance tasks associated with the daily operation of the wastewater treatment lagoon and collection system with presently but not exclusive to, 18 pump stations, 7 flow meter stations, 4 standby generators and 2 portable generators to ensure that all aspects of the system are functioning properly.
Coordinates with the Manager and responds to residential and commercial customer service functions such as meeting with home owners, contractors and engineers in a courteous manner.
Assists in the reading of as-builds to perform locates of the District’s collection system to comply with the Washington State one-call system.
Assists in monthly reading of flow meters and water meters with record keeping.
Perform general housekeeping, building maintenance and landscaping.
Assists with mechanical maintenance and repair of equipment and vehicles as needed.
Operation of hand power tools, landscaping equipment, service truck with a crane, diesel and propane powered generators. Preforms all duties in accordance with sound safety practices to the highest of standards.
On-call as needed and may be dispatched to work during emergency conditions.
Preforms other duties and responsibilities as directed.
- 40 week
- Pay Rate:
- $3640 + mo Print